Date(s) - 09/03/2019
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Gym Rendezvous @ Punggol Marina
Singapore Strongman Series has been organising various Strongman competitions since 2014 and this year we are bringing back one of our most popular competitions in March 2019! Singapore Strongman Series is proud to partner Gym Rendezvous to bring you the second version of the Asia Pacific Deadlift Championships which will be held on the 9th March 2019. We have seen many worldwide strongman style deadlift competitions such as the World Deadlift Championships in England in 2016 and 2017.
Singapore Strongman Series has always been the pioneering and been promoting the sport of Strongman within the region and this time we decided to run a deadlift competition because the deadlift is easily accessible to everyone in any gym and it’s definitely scalable to beginners, novice or amateur strongman or strength athletes. The Asia Pacific Deadlift Championships is also the first of its kind to include a ranking system of all the athletes in the ASEAN and Asia Pacific region. To make it more strongman-centric this year we will be doing a classic strongman deadlift style “The Silver Dollar Deadlift”.
We at Singapore Strongman Series truly believe that Strongman is for everyone this competition is open to everyone in our neighbouring ASEAN and Asia Pacific countries which also includes Hongkong, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, China, India and Pacific Islands. The Asia Pacific Deadlift Championships 2019 will be Asia Pacific’s premiere strongman deadlift competition and athletes will be ranked. This year we decided to include a Juniors and Masters division to be more inclusive and grow the sport even further. We look forward to having you on the lifting platform in March 2019
Rules and Regulation
- This is a Conventional deadlift only event! Subsequent lifts are then decided by the Technical Director.
- All lifting gear and accessories are ALLOWED.
- Lifting Shoes or Deadlift Slippers
- No Barefeet, minimum socks
- Chalk only
- All Lifting Straps Allowed (Zero, Figure 8, Normal)
- Deadlift suits allowed (single ply, double ply, soft suits)
- Compression suits, shorts, pants or t-shirts
- Powerlifting belt (13mm and 10mm)
- Back and Lumbar Braces
- Knee, Elbow, Wrist Wraps
- Knee, Elbow and Shin Sleeves (5mm and 7mm Neoprene, Single, Double, Triple Ply allowed – No Brand Restrictions)
- This will be rising bar, the weight loaded will not go down during a flight. Athletes who choose the lighter weight will lift first. Please be attentive of your name being called.
- This will a “Last Man Standing” competition, athlete will have unlimited lifts or until he/she fails a lift. You are allowed to skip a lift a lighter weight, if you choose to lift a heavier weight. Once you fail a lift you have are immediately eliminated from the competition.
- Weight increment is determined by the Technical Director and will be announced once registration is closed *subjected to changes
- Once the command “Bar is loaded” time limit of 1 minute for the athlete will start. You have one minute to complete the lift.
- Athletes must achieve full lockout and await for referee’s cue “Down” before lowering the bar.
- No dumping of the bar or letting go of the bar is allowed. Your hands need to be on the bar while lowering the bar. Dumping of the bar will result in “NO LIFT”.
- After the completion of the competition, the winner will be the heaviest weight lifted. In the event of a draw, lighter body weight will win.
- No vulgarities are allowed on the lifting platform or when performing the lift. We pride ourselves in being a family friendly event.
- No Electronic equipment is allowed on the athlete during the lift.
- Competition t-shirts must be worn at all time during competition and photo taking.
- Referee’s decision is FINAL
The Asia Pacific Deadlift Championships 2019 will be Asia Pacific’s premiere strongman deadlift competition and athletes will be ranked. This year we decided to include a Juniors and Masters division to be more inclusive and grow the sport even further. We look forward to having you on the lifting platform in March 2019
Bookings are closed for this event.